Frequently Asked Questions…
What do we get if we book you for our wedding?
- Complimentary engagement session
- Style guide to take the guess work out of what to wear for your engagement session
- Recommended Vendor list to help making wedding planning easier
- Timeline assistance so you can be sure you not only have the best day ever, but get the most beautiful photos with the most flattering light
- Complimentary photo retouching helping you look and feel completely beautiful when you receive the finished product (*retouches where photographer deems applicable)
- Client survey so I can get to know you better and tailor my work to your needs
- Full photo rights for all finished and edited images
- Approximately 70 images per hour of coverage
Why do we need to do an engagement session?
Engagement sessions serve two major purposes: (1) get great photos of the two of you without the stress of timelines and guests, and (2) help ensure your wedding day goes off without a hitch.
This session helps us get acquainted and most importantly helps you to get comfortable with me. When your big day arrives, I should feel like an old friend here to capture every memory and have your best interests at heart.
During our session, I’ll teach you terms we’ll use throughout the day helping us get great shots quickly so you can enjoy your celebration. I’ll show you whats flattering, what to avoid, and help you understand how you can feel and look your best in front of the camera so that you’ll be an old pro for the wedding day.
I also give you the opportunity to let me know which photos resonated with you the most and the least and why. This way I can tailor what and how I capture your wedding to you and your specific tastes.
Engagement sessions are not only incredibly helpful to ensure a seamless wedding day, but can serve as a time for you to connect and enjoy each other amidst all the planning and details, so don't skip this step and remember to enjoy the moment!
We get pretty nervous in front of the camera… what will our session be like?
You should expect to have FUN! Almost ALL of my clients tell me they’re awkward in photos, but luckily thats my specialty!
I love to make people feel comfortable and laugh, and I will do almost anything to make that happen, so relax, enjoy and go with it! Often, I’m taking photos documentary-style while you’re hanging out, talking, laughing and being yourself. If anything looks weird, or I want you to change up what you’re doing, I’ll let you know.
The questionnaire I send you prior to our shoot will help me get to know you and how to help you feel at ease. It includes questions about what makes you each laugh the most, embarrassing stories about each other, what you love about yourselves and each other, and the things you’re self conscious of… I’ll make sure to be mindful of all these things during our shoot and while I’m editing.
My goal is to make sure you have fun on the session AND that you look at your photos later and think, “WOW, I look amazing!”.